- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 (6.5-ounce) cans minced clams, juice reserved
- 3 dozen fresh clams
- 1 pound dry linguine
- Hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1 Heat oil in a large sauté pan with a lid over medium heat. Add onion and pepper, cooking until softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté just until garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
2 Add lemon pepper, oregano and 2 tablespoons parsley, stirring to combine. Add wine; simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until wine is reduced. Add canned clams and their juice.
3 Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat
to medium. Simmer uncovered until mixture is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
4 Add fresh clams to pan. Cover pan and simmer until clams are open and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Throw away any clams that do not open.
5 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook linguine. Drain and keep warm.
6 Add remaining 1 tablespoon parsley to clam mixture. Add red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
7 Divide cooked pasta among 4 serving plates. Top each serving with clam sauce, evenly dividing fresh clams among each serving. Serve with Parmesan on the side.