Ingredients for a big batch:
5 pounds of smoked mullet fillets
1 pound of other smoked fish fillet
1 white onion, pureed
2 stalks of celery, diced (save half for the end)
1 1/2 cups of sour cream
1 1/2 cups of mayo
1/2 cup of relish
1 block of cream cheese (48 ounces)
4 cloves of garlic, pureed
1 tbsp Creole or Cajun Seasoning (oregano, pepper, paprika, etc)
4 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
Hot Sauce to taste
1. In a food processor, break up all of the smoked mullet fillet.
2. Remove and place in a large metal bowl.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients (onion, mayo, sour cream, relish, cream cheese, garlic, seasoning, Worcestershire and half the celery) and process or blend until smooth.
4. In the meanwhile, chop up the leftover pound of "other" smoked fish on a cutting board. This will give the fish dip a hardier consistency.
5. Stir in the processed smoked mullet alongside the cream cheese mixture in the food processor until it is at a spread consistency. Take it out of the food processor and place it all in a mixing bowl.
6. Add the rest of the diced celery and the chopped smoked fish fillet.
7. Add the hot sauce and adjust seasonings to taste.